Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Chapter is Born!

What is worse then a Space Marine with a bolter?

A Space Marine with a bolter jacked up on Red  Bull!

I have created this blog to record the chronological accounts of the Red Bull Space Marines. I have been playing Warhammer 40k on and off for about a year, but never found an army (race or theme) that really appealed to me. Until now.

It all began when I was sitting down in Barnes and Nobles browsing the web. After an hour or so of forum hopping, reading about the new Dark Eldar stuff. I decided that I wanted an energy drink, typically I would get a Monster. However, the Barnes and Nobles cafe doesn't sell Monster, they sell Red Bull. I figured why not, I haven't had a Red Bull in a long time.

So I crack it open and take a sip. Every time I drink a Red Bull my first thought is "Damn, I forgot what this tastes like." Anyways, I jump onto the BolterandChainsword website and bring up the Space Marine Painter. After screwing around and with different color schemes, none of which turned out any good. I decided to give up. I grabbed my Red Bull and finished it off. Then I thought... what if? I jumped back onto the Space Marine Painter and produced this:






After a few minutes staring at the picture I imagined a legion of Red Bull Painted Marines doing battle with the enemies of the Imperium. After the visionary cut scene I was hooked. With my brain moving faster then my hands I managed to pop out a few more Marine pictures:



Let the Painting Commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment